CYMH Academy offers an amazing opportunity for students taking or thinking of taking GCSE / A-Level / IB Music at Standard or Higher level, to enhance and support their learning through a series of specialist guest masterclasses, orchestra and in-depth workshops across a variety of genres.
Who is it for?
- Secondary School Students only
- Grade 5 plus on instrument / voice
- Students who are taking, or thinking of taking GCSE, A-Level Music or IB Music at Standard or Higher Level.
- Students who want to make music with other like minded students
- Students who are interested in exploring music from different genres, cultures and eras.
What will the Academy offer students?
- The opportunity to take part in masterclasses in composition, leadership, conducting and performance technique with specialist guest tutors across a broad range of genres.
- Offers a perfect complement to school music studies
- Sessions include: ensemble, conducting, composition, performance, analysis and history of music
- Orchestra - singers/pianists are encouraged to hone their ensemble skills by playing in the percussion section of the orchestra!
- The option to participate with or without individual instrumental lessons
- Proposed guest artists include: Natalie Clein (cellist), Paul Griffiths (Composer and leader), Katie Thomas (conductor and Monteverdi Choir) and Jacquelyn Hynes (Irish Cultural Centre Flautist).
Is it auditioned?
No audition will be required for Autumn 2017 term. Confirmation from your teacher of your grade (if you don’t take exams), or your latest grade certificate is all that is needed.
When / Where does it happen?
Between 12.30pm and 3.15pm on Saturdays at Haggerston School, Hackney, E2
How much does it cost?
- £198 (no instrumental lesson)
- £291 (with 30 minute individual instrumental lesson)
- £12 one-off membership fee
- Bursary rates available.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch, either through email: firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone 020 8882 8825