An opportunity for secondary schools to get unprecedented access to leading theatre company Complicite by becoming members of the Complicite Schools’ Network.
Date: Any time that suits your school in the new academic year.
Venue: In school, Complicite’s office,various theatre in London.
In 2014, Complicite theatre company piloted a new project, the Complicite Schools’ Network (CSN) to engage with secondary schools in the local area. After three years it has proved to be a huge success and we are now looking for secondary schools in Camden to join the scheme for 2017-18.
As a member of the CSN, schools have access to:
- three in-school drama workshops from Complicité practitioners for GCSE, BTEC and/or A Level groups per year (Complicité's work features on these syllabi)
- bespoke Continuing Professional Development (CPD) training for all drama and performing arts staff
- free production resource materials
- Complicité careers advice, attending careers events etc.
- An In-Conversation event with Complicité’s Artistic Director Simon McBurney
- possibility of work experience in the production office for students every summer
- discounted or free tickets to productions, where possible.
- advance notice of post-show talks, workshops, demonstrations and other events
- regular contact with Creative Learning staff and other members of the CSN: including a meeting of all members annually to discuss and develop the partnerships.
Membership of the CSN will cost just over £1,800 per school, but John Lyons Charity is supporting the project, meaning that each school will only need to contribute £500 of this. (As a point of comparison – for non-members, one three-hour Complicité schools’ workshop costs £300.)
Membership is reviewed on an annual basis, and members will be able to opt out of the project at any point.
Organisation will be very simple - schools are able to book workshops in whenever suits them, CPD will be scheduled to fit with teachers' timetables and all other aspects of the network will be flexible - to be taken up and adapted as fits each individual schools' needs.
To become a member or find out more contact email@example.com / 0207 485 7700